Colorado is a state in the western region of the United States of America. It has diverse geographic features that include the river canyons, snow covered Rocky Mountains and arid desert. The place also offers visitors national parks, cliff dwellings and vibrant downtown areas that make it an ideal camping location.
Following are some of the best campgrounds in Colorado:
- Sol Mountain Teepee – It is situated within Sol Mountain Farm and has a native feel. It located at an ancient teepee sight with all the necessary facilities such as showers, toilets, potable water, picnic tables, etc. Visitors are sure to enjoy the variety of activities that the campground offers.
- Historic Ranch at Mt. Princeton – This family friendly campground is located within Thunderbird spirit ranch. The farm shelters horses, chickens, ducks, etc. and lies below Mt. Princeton. They also rent ranch bunk house cabins to visitors. RV, tent and vehicle accommodation are also available at this location.
- Blanca base camp – This place offers a spectacular view of Mt Blanca, the Sangre de Cristo mountain range, Great Sand Dunes National Park and the expansive San Luis Valley. It is also home to diverse animals and birds.
- Colorado Mountain Valley Farm – This campground is in the Mancos Valley of Southwest Colorado. It provides hiking opportunities for visitors along its trails with pinyon juniper forest.
- Glacier Mountain Camp – This campground allows visitors to pitch their tents near the ruins of the structures from Wild Irishman, a mining ghost town. The place is accessible by drive and offers fun activities like hiking, biking, horseback riding and snow sports.
These are just a few of the many many campgrounds and outdoor adventure areas available to you when you travel into Colorful Colorado! I think that in our next blog post, perhaps we’ll discuss the most popular event venues for all your special occasions. The truth is that there is so much to do and see, and Colorado has something to offer EVERYONE. It’s an awesome place to visit and an even better place to live or set down your permanent roots! ~ til we speak again..
P.S. Don’t forget to visit our friends at Elevation Investment Properties in Denver, if you’re looking for a vacation property or permanent residence. Visit them here: Elevation Investment Properties, LLC